Saturday 15 January 2011

If I empty it they will come.

Right. I've bought a new kitchen. I did it on 1st January thus instantly fulfilling my resolution to buy more kitchens in 2011. I've already beaten any record I had so I can stop now. No more kitchen buying for me this year. 2012 might prove expensive.

I don't have a date for when this kitchen will be installed. This is one of the many reasons I currently have insomnia (general state, not at this moment. It's 16.46 in the afternoon and even I find it acceptable to be up by now.).

Anyway, to speed things along, rather than book a delivery or tradespeople, I have embarked upon the job of emptying the current kitchen of its, well, kitchen. If I empty it they will come. So, for the next x weeks I have no food, cupboards or counters. The toaster is on the bedside table. As is the kettle. I worry I will get used to this.

Yes, so I'm only blogging because I can't face the mess I've made of the kitchen. It's half empty and what is left is covered in dust.

If you're looking for an upside to your day all I can say is enjoy your life. It's better organised than mine. And it always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment